8.07.2009

Say "No" to stale popcorn and prescription comedy

The idea was to compile a list of places to do dinner and a movie in LA, but with all of the J & J madness, and the fact that neither Shin nor Cinespace were very forthcoming with information about their screenings, "What To Do This Weekend: There Are Alternatives to Stale Popcorn and Cinema" turned into a list of food-related screening alternatives to seeing "Julie & Julia."

Also, I wanted to find a complimentary photo that really said "dinner and a movie," but the idea is so abstract that most of my searches turned up with art from the TBS show by that name. Ultimately, I used a photo of popcorn from Creative Commons. I did, however, find the perfect "dinner and a movie" pictures, surprisingly from an ad campaign for a food court in the IBN Battuta Mall -- the "world's largest themed mall" -- in Dubai (naturally).

I couldn't use them for a commercial website, but I can here. Aren't they amazing! I love the use of space with King Kong.



1 comment:

Shawn said...

I connected with the penguin right away.