1.29.2009

Cobbler: Therapy for the Poor

Too many bad movies have me down. They're exhausting and soul-crushing and take so much time away from otherwise enjoyable activities. Normally, I can manage. But coupled with debilitating PMS, bad movies make Emma a dull girl. So this afternoon, I decided to be proactive...that's right, I went to FOOD for Amanda's cobbler. Amanda is the consummate Mother Goose and you can taste it in everything she bakes. Her cobbler is warm and nurturing like her hugs. It has saved me from more panic attacks than I care remember and it worked its magic again today.

On Wednesdays, Amanda works at the Santa Monica farmers market so she only uses the best of what's in season and her cobbler fillings change accordingly. Today it was pear/cranberry.


I know that $5 for cobbler seems a bit excessive to those of us who are unemployed, but I look at it this way: I could either spend $5 on cobbler or $100 on therapy. So clearly, buying cobbler saves money. Clearly.

FOOD
10571 Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064

No comments: