1.25.2009

Strawberry Coconut EXPLOSION

In honor of the great Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Alana and I made an MLKcake (almost one too many Ks). If you said to me, "Aaron, make me the whitest (racially) cake you can think of," I'd probably make this cake. This was the first cake I've had a hand in.

We got the recipe from here after troving some food blogs. I left out the coconut pieces in the cake because it seemed like overkill. Coconut frosting, coconut topping, AND coconut pieces in the cake. Neh. This frosting is also really, really sweet, and good lord, we have way too much left over. Cut everything in half, and then, add even less sugar. The coconut milk is so sweet already that I don't think its really necessary. Emma noted while we were making it that the butter in the frosting is just for show to make the frosting more malleable. Whipped cream might be good in between the two layers, kind of like a shortcake but...actual cake. I like this texture for decorative purposes. If you're not concerned about that, then you could probably cut some of the butter too.

Other than that small stuff, this was good, good cake.

No comments: