4.20.2011

business card, draft 1

Remember these? I never had them printed. Turns out I suck at Illustrator. Instead, I made it into a stamp. I carved the design into a linoleum block using a Speedball Linoleum Cutter and printed with Speedball ink.


The screenprinting ink left a nice texture on the card stock, but was ultimately too unpredictable to be time or cost effective. There was always too much or too little ink on the stamp to give the utensils a clear edge. The uneven surface of the card stock didn't help either. They were just a bad match. For every five cards I made I ended up with only one usable for professional purposes. I like them looking crafty, but you still need to be able to make our the shapes.

I'll use high end stamp pads for my next trial. I imagine they'll give a cleaner, more even and consistent silhouette. Fingers crossed!


1 comment:

Lisa Housman said...

I like the card and it looks super neat :) Just too bad it's not consistent enough to use. Good luck making it work. It is a very creative idea!