11.15.2010

black toast



I'm very grateful for Design Sponge. It is not merely my window to beautiful things made by beautiful people with their beautiful hands, my daily source for inspiration and bridge to the craft community, Design Sponge is also my blissful, if momentary break from my job, an alternative to watching people walk in and out of the bathroom, which faces my office. It's my escape from all of the round gray desks in my life, and more.

Today I am grateful for Black Toast, one of ten finalists from round one of DS's Design Your Own Alphabet Contest. Toast is my favorite alphabet for obvious reasons (I could eat my words, with butter), but Kern Over, which constructs letters out of various styles of comb-over, and Sweat Pants, a sort of YMCA type type, are close runners up. I'm also grateful for them.



No comments: