6.04.2009

"Kitchen Secrets" on and Destiny(?) via Squid Ink


Squid Ink posted our coverage of Amanda's stone-fruit baking class this morning. We had a such a good time at the class and I couldn't be happier with the way the post turned out, but writing it was tricky. First, because Laurie got fired, and then I didn't know if it would have a home, and then because I wanted so badly to make everyone proud, and then because there was this looming certainty that any minute someone was going to find out that I have no idea what I'm doing, and then because I realized how lucky I am.

Then Joe sent me this:
...I'm reading about neutral milk and it's overwhelming. I know why Ryan feels so sure of everything...
The universe keeps telling me things...[T]his is destiny, big time, and this is what we have to do, and that we will.


Then, I submitted the piece and my new editor sent me this:
...do you want to put together a list of pitches for the blog and run them by me? We can start narrowing down from there and get you more assignments.

Cheers,
E


All I've ever wanted to do was contribute something positive. I had no idea how I would do it and I still don't, but it really does feel like the choice is being made outside of me and all I want to do is submit.

I don't know where this will lead but I'm incredibly happy to be here.

More of Aaron's photos from Sunday:






Aaron, your photos and my words are peanut butter and jelly. I'm so grateful to have you with me.