12.17.2008

For love or sugar


Sam Talbot
Originally uploaded by dglatimer
Bad news: Sam Talbot, the diabetic dreamboat from Top Chef season 2, got married to model/tshit designer, Paola Guerrero in a small ceremony last month.

He's so amazing.I never had a chance. I don't deserve him. But Paola Guerrero, model/tshirt designer???

Reasons Emma hates Paola (*based on the two pieces of information I know about her):

1. Her name is Paola (a feminization of the famous lover from The Divine Comedy) Guerrero (spanish for "warrior"). In other words, she is both a lover and a fighter. Bitch, please.
2. Her job title has a slash. As if being just a model weren't enough...bitch/bitch!

BUT! As I post the bad news, my mom comes home with a slice of pumpkin pie from Urth Caffe. It was like G-d was reminding me of what I'd be missing if I were to marry the diabetic chef Sam: the molassesy-sweetness that punctuates every bite of crusty grainy goodness; the creamy spicy filling that feels almost wet on the tongue; and the combination of the two! If this isn't love....Indeed, the lord works in mysterious ways.

I hope they enjoyed their sugar-free wedding cake! You can't win em all, Paola!

No comments: