5.11.2010

A letter from the Weekly's editor to my editor:

Colleagues,

Amy Scattergood's food blog is one of three finalists for best food blog in the nation in 2009, the Association of Food Journalists has announced.

And that's for a blog that began halfway through the year.

Congratulations to Amy and her team.

The other two finalists are food blogs at the Washington Post and the Milwaukie Journal Sentinal. The winners will be announced in Sante Fe on Sept. 2.

Drex


I've been out of touch and unsure that this was something I wanted to be doing. There were too many things and they were all neglected. They fell apart and away. Maybe it's all because I was unsure. Because I was terrified really, about the inevitability of a Future and Choices. I know that's probably it.

I spent last week on the set of an infomercial. Being stuck in a room for 10 hours a day for five days was awful, but also strangely wonderful. My time away from there, even at the Academy, has become somehow more my own. I'm still unsure, but I'm drawing and learning to bind books. I want to rebind the Moderate Revolt book and take it to APE. I'm thankful for these small goals. But I also want to write something and see it printed. I do.